Skip to content
- Alien on turntable shows solid body rotation.
- Cars-on-track shows constant velocity rotation.
- Simulation shows Keplerian rotation.
- Determine resonant frequencies of square and circular plates,
and circular hoop. Examine modes of vibration at any frequency. Sand collects
along the nodal lines of wave patterns, revealing clear and beautiful pictures
of various modes of vibration. This one is a crowd pleaser.
- Located in L02, section C2.
- Used in uniform circular motion lab, coeficient of static
friction is calculated and then used to predict maximum rpm at which car will
remain on table.
- Adjust rpm with 5 amp, regulated DC power supply.
- Turntable and car in L02, section B4.
- Power supply in L35, section F1.