- Use detector to measure radiation at various distances from radioactive source; instead of varying distance use thin sheets of aluminum and vary thickness of barrier.
- Detector and sources located in radioactive materials storage room. Thin sheets of aluminum in L35.
Located in L35: Below, and to the right, of the sink.
Accessories (black plastic bag, aluminum sheet, transparent plastic sheet) located in cabinet with camera.
For information about exciting and interesting IR technologies and applications see: http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/infrared_world
- Cans radiate and absorb heat at different rates.
- Fill cans with warm, or cool water of identical temperature. Monitor the temperature change with a thermometer, or with a Logger Pro temperature probe.
- Located in L02, section C-3.